here's my inspiration...
- shaker cabinet doors, medium-to-dark grey on the bottom, white on top
- white-ish countertops (probably quartz but we have to price it out still. crossing my fingers that we can fit it into the budget!)
- brass hardware. i'm seriously obsessed with the drawer pulls on the bottom left picture. now i just need to find somewhere that sells them for less than $30 a piece!
- a big island. i think it will end up looking like the bottom left picture. big, with a sink, but with stools along one side.
- also, drawers. lots and lots of drawers.
- for a backsplash i'm thinking either white subway tiles or some sort of planking like they have here. what do you think would be better?
so! what do you think? any red flags going up? do you have something in your kitchen that you love and we definitely need to get? i'd love some advice!
by the way, i never actually shared our floor plans! here is the upstairs, where we'll be living. david's oma (grandmother) will be calling the bottom floor 'home'. basically we come in on the ground floor and go right up the stairs in the middle. also, it's cut off a bit but we have a front porch going out off the great room.
(all inpiration pictures taken from my pinterest page)